It’s a compact utility bike you can ride every day that fits your life right where it’s at.
From components to accessories to the electric drive system, we make sure everything is hand-selected to give you the best riding experience for you and your passengers.
Sized just like a regular bike, but with the preternatural capacity to carry, the RFA is genetically encoded to be Ready For Anything. It’s a compact utility bike you can ride every day that fits your life right where it’s at. It’s zippy and agile enough to zag through city streets, and for those times when you must add public transit into the mix? The RFA fits on a standard bus rack, rolls easily into a light rail car or an elevator, and fits on most automobile bike racks. And with a jumbo centerstand, hydro brakes, and our Signature Safety Fork, the RFA packs safety and durability right in with all that versatility.
Ready for you, and heirloom-ready for your protégé—we designed the RFA to last. Hand-me-downs just got way cooler. Fast forward a few years from now, when your tiny-helmeted cargo starts pedaling their own bikes, your RFA is ready to change with you—because, surprise, it’s really two bikes in one. When the time comes, you can easily convert from Utility to Sport mode and trade-off some of the cargo capacity for an even zippier, more compact steed. Because when we say Anything? We mean eff-ing Anything.
The 2021 RFA comes equipped with the Shimano STEPS EP8 system:
- The Shimano STEPS EP8 e-bike motor has a top pedal-assist speed of 20 mph and up-to 85 nM of torque for hilly terrain or heavier loads.
- A single 630 watt-hour battery provides between 30 to 60 miles per charge, depending on conditions.
- The Shimano EC-6002 charger which can charge your battery from 0-100% in 10.2 hours or 0-80% in 7.5 hours.
- The E5003 cycling computer which gives easy handlebar access to system controls.
- Learn more about the Shimano STEPS EP8 system here.
- Pair of Xtracycle RFA WheelSkirts
- Pair of Xtracycle RFA FootRests
- Xtracycle RFA center kickstand
- Xtracycle RFA Fenders
- Front and rear Herrmans lights
An important note about child seats:
If you intend to install a Yepp child seat on the RFA, you will want to get the Yepp Nexxt Maxi. For a complete list of compatible and incompatible child seats, please see the article on child seats here. For the best position for a child seat on the rear deck, please see this article here.
The Yepp Maxi is not compatible with the Shimano powered RFA.